*What rights do you have to the digital movies, TV shows and music you buy online? That question was on the minds of Telstra TV Box Office customers this month after the company announced it would shut down the service in June. Customers were told that unless they moved over to another service, Fetch, they would no longer be able to access the films and TV shows they had bought. *

• fine_sandy_bottom
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

I’m finding it hard to feel any kind of sympathy for someone who thinks they have rights to permanent access on any sort of streaming service.

I say that fully cognisant normies don’t spend much time thinking about where there data is and who has the right to it. I just don’t think many people would think of movies they’ve watched on their “telstra TV Box Office” as being in "their’ library.

That said, self hosting movies isn’t for me. For many people it might be. In my case it just doesn’t make any sense to have a server with all the tb. I was catch & release torrenting for several years but more recently stremio. Without any doubt stremio has been the most convenient.