• @Hazzia
    link
    111 months ago

Imagine, if you will, a blockchain interface, where the container the user interacts with is a bank-like system, and the blockchain account password is tied into the “bank” account itself. The user would then be able to interact with it in a mostly familiar and secure way, and though it wouldn’t eliminate scams, it would certainly reduce them.

Now obviously there’s a lot of “if, and’s or but’s” with what I just said as a “top-of-my-head” concept, but if you’ve ever worked in systems engineering, you’d understand that you start with a high-level concept that’s meant to play to a technology’s andantages, and keep working through the issues in the design process, either by working in existant technology that can mitigate issues, or designing to systemicallt avoid those issues.

My point is, blockchain’s strict security could be considered a massive advantage, but it never got the benefit of tech firms to look at it objectively and figure out a way to work with that in a rational manner, because of how quickly it became a super-hypey technology. And I 100% blame Silicon Valley tech bros for that.