• jol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

There’s people who haven’t heard of GHB? Most people know it as rape date drug or something similar.

• Baku@aussie.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Interesting. I’ve heard of GHB but didn’t know it was one of those. I’ve only heard of roofies being used. But I don’t generally keep up with what’s happening in the drug world

• Baku@aussie.zoneOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

I’ve only been around for 1.7, so there’s my problem ig

• jol
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

Fair enough. I would gently recommend to stay away from G. It’s a dangerous and addictive drug and fairly easy to come by in big cities.

• ⸻ Ban DHMO 🇦🇺 ⸻@aussie.zoneM
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    1 month ago

You could be promoting it since you don’t have a reliable source to back up your claim and could be completely full of shit to justify your own habits - or not. It depends and I don’t want to go researching illicit substances

• naevaTheRat@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 month ago

I don’t think you’re promoting it, but hosting web services in Australia often gets MIB knocking on your door so I get the admin’s sketchiness.

It is false so say it’s not addictive at all. It is pleasurable and you could form a dependency on it that could be lethal to withdraw from like all GABAergic drugs. I have personally never see that, and because if it’s short halflife it would be difficult, but it’s not hard to imagine someone getting a bit too into the pleasure.

That said even if someone was taking it every single time they would go drinking and they did that frequently it would still be safer than alcohol.

Still, be honest about drugs. you can fuck your life up with just about anything and nobody should use something under the false notion it’s harmless/risk free.

• Salvo@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I remember it being sold in the 90s as a “designer drug” called “Grievous Bodily Harm”.

Every few years, it is re-marketted as a new designer drug to be fashionable. These Drug dealers are nearly as dishonest as Real Estate Developer and Tech Bros.!

• Fetus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        24 days ago

I picked up some G the other week. My dealer described it as a renovator’s delight with native AI integration.