I recently watched the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode in which they did a parody of “The Island of Dr Moreau” and thought a mad scientist trying to turn people into animals could make for a fun minor character in my campaign. My players are en route to a dungeon and should be there in a few sessions, I’m thinking of making the dungeon the lab of a mad scientist who has gotten locked out of the lower levels due to a containment breach.

The details I have so far is that he is a gnome, currently named Prof. Moreau, who has created mongrelfolk while trying to turn a human into an animal.

The mongrelfolk are safely contained in the lower levels and have started to create their own society, I think the boss of the dungeon should be a Gibbering Mouther called One, as in Attempt One.

I think the Mongrelfolk should worship one as their leader and hate Moreau for keeping them locked in the lab.

What I’m stuck on now is what life is like for the mongrelfolk, what they believe and how they have organised society.

• Krackalot
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    28 days ago

If you don’t mind ruining it, add Nina tucker to your search.