• MiddleKnight
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Sorry about deleting the post. Couldn’t remeber if beehaw was one of the instances with rules again dissenting opinions after some time away from Lemmy (I’m pretty sure there was one which would rather be without).

But I think you managed to quote most of it.

Being wanted/needed should be viewed in relation to everything else you could do with the resources available is my point. Not only your particular hobby/interest.

And I still maintain that if you want pure art, you are better off lowering your expectations for professionalism and find people who do it for reasons that are not financial.

• t3rmit3@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Being wanted/needed should be viewed in relation to everything else you could do with the resources available is my point.

Except that this is a red-herring; they invested in a company (e.g. Squenix) in the first place because they believed it would outperform other investment choices. They gambled, and they lost, and they are trying to make that out to be the company’s fault instead of their own. “But I could have invested elsewhere”- but you didn’t, and now you’re trying to socialize losses, while you would have privatized gains.

And I still maintain that if you want pure art, you are better off lowering your expectations for professionalism and find people who do it for reasons that are not financial.

No thanks. I’ll just continue rejecting the premise that corporate profit is a good thing to measure all things in life by. This is just another variation of labor devaluation that Capitalism does to all things that it can’t (easily) exploit to enrich the Bourgeoisie.