• fine_sandy_bottom
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’ve heard the same argument that we must vote for the lesser evil to stop the greater evil for my entire adult life, yet here we are, on the brink of outright authoritarianism. That voting strategy has failed utterly.

This is quite reductive, there’s no causation in this statement. You could just as well suggest that we’ve been led to the brink of outright authoritarianism because of the “I’m not going to vote because both sides are just as bad” paradigm.

As I’ve commented elsewhere, if everyone votes for the dems, the gop will have to move their policies to the left trying to win enough votes to be elected. The dems would have to move to the left to differentiate themselves. That’s how a two party system works. Not surprisingly, if the country votes to the left politics moves to the left.

Another aspect you should consider is that your position is precisely that which the conservatives would have you adopt. You’ll never vote conservative so it’s better to convince you to simply not vote at all.