• cows_are_underrated
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 days ago

It depends. I think that protest goes to far, if it really damages a building. Since this didn’t its all right.

• khaleer@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

Oh, poor building, poor monuments, poor rocks. If only we have any way to declare our oposition againt bilionaires literally destroying the whole ecosystems, destroying people lives and health. But for fucking sake, the poor, orange painted monument. those damn protesters crossed uncrossable line. I will not support them anymore!

• jorp@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

I sure hope no buildings are damaged as society collapses from climate change strain

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

Any protest that doesn’t physically damage buildings owned by the fossil fuel industry aren’t going far enough

This comment is advocating for property damage

• flying_sheep@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

Just Stop Oil said the paint was made of cornstarch and would dissolve in the rain.

Merriman said experts cleaned the orange powder from the stones because they were concerned about how it might react to water.

Might.

So because it could in the future maybe possibly damage it in some unspecified amount, they cleaned it off to be super sure there will be no damage.

So what fucking damage that really happened in the real world are you talking about?

• cows_are_underrated
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

I never talked about damage at Stonehege. I said, that damaging buildings how’s to far. They didn’t damage Stonehenge so its fine.

• flying_sheep@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

Gotcha. Given how the post we’re replying to is about Stonehenge, I guess I assumed that’s what you’re talking about