• fine_sandy_bottom
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

He released information relating to government officials engaging in misconduct

… at precisely the right time to maximise the effect of the release and diminish her chances at winning the election.

No whistleblowers shouldn’t go to prison, I’m glad Assange is going home but I do dislike him immensely.

• gaylord_fartmaster@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

Uh, if I was about to vote for a presidential candidate, and someone had evidence that person was involved in some kind of misconduct, then I’d certainly rather be aware of that before voting for them than after.

Would you not?

• fine_sandy_bottom
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 days ago

If it was just about transparency he would’ve released it sooner.

Sitting on it to release at the right time was partisan.

• danc4498@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 days ago

He held onto the information until he was given a signal by Trump’s team to release it. He could have released it whenever he wanted, but didn’t.

• gaylord_fartmaster@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 days ago

Or, he just released it before the DNC because that was when it would have the most visibility. Especially when part of what was released was evidence of the DNC conspiring against Bernie Sanders.

Do you see that as pro-Republican just because it was anti-DNC? You could make the same argument that Bernie told him to release it then because it was so favorable to him.