So. I have 2 I hate.

I had this old gamesube one for the switch. It was a wired one by powerA. Buttons would get jammed, accidentally broke the stick by leaving it in a bad position overnight (my bad) the cover of the cstick randomly slid off (had to glue it) and the while thing was hollow.

Also, I have a keapster explorer and the dpad is awful. Sometimes it jams to the left but its just a plain bad dpad, no physical feedback at all

• soulsource
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Xbox Series X/S.

It isn’t even particularly bad by itself, but compared to its predesessors (Xbox One and Xbox 360) the Xbox Series X/S gamepad is a clear step back when it comest to build quality (just try pressing the D-Pad buttons without thinking “this is cheaply made”), and that comparison is what makes me hate it.

And what adds insult to injury is that the quite expensive Elite version of the controller is just as cheaply built as the regular model…

• sleepybisexual@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 days ago

Oh lol. For the price of an elite you could get several 8bitdos or a used switch lol. 179 for a non custom controller is insane

• hobbsc@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

I think the elite offers a lot for that price. Swappable sticks and back paddles, trigger stops, multiple profiles, adjustable tension, etc. It’s basically an OEM “custom” controller.

That being said, I like other controllers better than my elite.