• Drinvictus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m probably one of those. I joined because it was a low hanging fruit for an instagram user. It is basically twitter culture all over again. People complain that you’re just posting into a void on Mastodon but I get tons of responses over there. The real void is any mainstream social media where only the voice of influencers are amplified. The whole main feed is just 90% suggested posts. Why the fuck do I wanna see a post from Jake Paul or Mr. Beast?

• Cyzaine@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

My experience as well. I blitzed and grinded followers cuz it was easy and why not. My feed is okay in general, but I had to follower 1.5kish people to get it that way.

But I still get more than twice the engagement and meaningful engagement at that on Mastadon and Kbin, with less than half the followers. I also get little out of twitter, but I may be bad at it.

• Atramentous@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I get why that matters for big accounts. I will never understand why normal people prefer that, though. I much prefer engagement with people over consumption of content produced by popular influencers