• lennivelkant
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I work in our service department myself (not as support tech though), but obviously, all tickets are supposed to go through 1st level. I don’t wanna be the dick skipping queue, so I did then one time I had an issue.

There’s a unique feeling of satisfaction to submitting a ticket with basically all the 1st level troubleshooting in the notes, allowing the tech to immediately escalate it to a 2nd level team. One quick call, one check I didn’t know about, already prepared the escalation notes while it ran. Never have I heard our support sound so cheerful.

• Sabata@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Still riding the high of RMAing my Index. Included all the steps I did and the reply was essentially, “Thanks for troubleshooting, confirm your address and we’ll ship your replacement.”

• Xanis@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

My favorite little story was while working short-term at a company. Had some issues, did my normal troubleshooting steps and Google searches, identified what I felt the issue was and knew I wouldn’t have enough access to fix it. Reached out and got a response “Blah blah blaaah schedule blah blah Remote-In.”

Later on he sent me a message and remotes into my computer. I take control quick, open up notepad, and type out “Hi!”

To this day I swear that little show earned me more difficult fake phishing attempts. Which I mention because he specifically told me one day he had experience in the information security sector. Lo’ and behold!

• Ziglin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        30 days ago

If someone sends a bug report with minimal effort and expects me to fix I’ll skip their report unless I have nothing better to do.