• isolatedscotch
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

in what universe is 1.99 a good deal on ice, get some tap water and freeze it

• isolatedscotch
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

well wouldn’t you need a freezer to store that ice anyways if there is some left?

• beeb@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Welp, no place in the freezer, guess I’ll need to have another margarita!

• verity_kindle@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

So far, I always cold crash to get the impurities/ carbohydrates to fall out of the solution and leave a less hazy wort. I like a gnarly trub in my kettle, before I start transferring to the ale pail/ bucket fermenter. So, I don’t know what a beer would taste like without it. I’ve only brewed ales and lambics so far.

• fruitycoder@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Not all tap water is good to drink. Some people wells or some city water is bad.

Personally I only buy it if the power is out (to help pack the fridge and freezer) or road trips / camping. Where yes is could try to store a coolers worth of ice in my freezer but its just not worth it

• verity_kindle@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Thank you! I feel SEEN. ya leave nice fresh ice in the freezer long enough, it gets funky, especially if it’s stored with other food.