Guys today I got my shura gauntlet. I was trying to use prosthetic to make my fight easier. But after I realized when I’m trying to use them I made mistakes. Maybe I wanna get an advantage from the tools but without them I made it without dying. I only focused on my katana. (DOH cheesed) So what do you think? Is there any that can help me in fights? I mostly see people use umbrellas, tried but could not enough. Should I work on it?

[Original Post]

• lennivelkant
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I use them all the time when I’m not just zooming through. Lance to strip armour and pull the centipede, Axe for shields, upgraded Anti-Fire Umbrella against DoH (I can’t be arsed to cheese, I actually like the fight), Shuriken for jumping enemies, crossing distance or baiting out reactions, Sabimaru against the Okani in the Fountainhead and O’Rin (or sometimes just for the fun of watching a tough enemy get chipped away with poison), Firecrackers for stuns or the Sakura Bull cheese (I fucking hate that thing), Flame Barrel for Red-Eyed pyrophobics, Finger Whistle to lure single enemies for convenient backstabbing, but most of all:

My beloved Mist Raven. Universally applicable, Panic button with followup, occasionally also useful for closing gap, makes dodging some attacks easy (like Inner Isshin’s Mortal Draw) and lightning reversal trivial without even taking damage. It’s my “no brain, no skill” tool.

I feel like I’ve forgotten something, but it can’t be important.

Shuriken, Sabimaru and Mist Raven are the first to fully upgrade for me. The rest can wait.