• KomfortablesKissen
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I wasn’t mocking your argument, I was agreeing with you and clarifying that my feeling was about who I’m most “irritated” with, not about responsibility or legal culpability.

Okay, sorry for that. It happens to me sometimes to be mocked without me seeing prior cause for this. Thank you for clarifying that.

If a shop can’t sell me cakes, then it’s inconvenient. If a hospital is not able to keep people alive, that’s where things get intolerable. Them not having access to their PCs is a hospital thing. If they cannot use them they should not use them. If it’s a cost saving measure at the cost of people’s lives, then I want heads to roll. Literally, preferably.

For the icecream, yes. If I want icecream and the shop doesn’t have any because of a power grid failure, then I blame the power company more. The generator would be overkill, as it needs constant maintanance and checkups; immense running costs. This would not be justifiable for something like ice cream.

The hospital needs to be way more thorough with their supply chains. This discrepancy of responsibilities towards patients/customers is why I thought I was mocked, sorry again for that.

I called the certification processes “lacking” because they are very often out of date, if at all applied, like you said. The timeframe for product certifications needs to be drastically reduced for software products. I am aware that those checks need time the developers often don’t have, but that doesn’t matter. If that is a crucial issue, then they should stay the fuck away from critical infrastructure.