link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

This is incredibly reductive.

The biggest / loudest / noisiest do not always win.

There’s more to politics than “winning”, winning is pointless if you have to trade your principles to do so.

I don’t think conservatives would say they have up the moral high ground to win. They just interpret morality differently. That doesn’t make it ok, but it does mean that discarding “the moral highground” in order to win is an absurd proposition.

• visak@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The Republicans’ only principle is winning power. Therefore any lie, change in position, or trick in service of that is not a sacrifice. I’m not being sarcastic. That’s really all they are now.

• DogMuffins
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, my reading of it is arrogance. They genuinely believe that they are the better governers because they will guide the nation on a godly path, therefore a bit of theatre (lies) in a campaign is the lesser evil.

• dtc@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Damn that was SAVAGE.

Max voltage (min iq) feeds his family platitude casserole every night.

• DogMuffins
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes they do.

Whatever your employment or wherever your income is from it very likely depends on you at least appearing to not be a lying asshole.