How can I use Whatsapp video call on Linux?

I tried Whatsapp-for-Linux and Whatsie but they didn’t work.

• Magister Sieran
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Ah yes, the obligatory “lol just don’t use $thing” response. Helps nobody, but I guess it lets you feel superior.

I hate Facebook as much as anyone, but in the real world people don’t always have the luxury of getting to use whatever you consider morally correct. Especially with a messenger – depending on where you are, Whatsapp might just be what most people are using, and the people are the reason you would use a messenger in the first place.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Ah yes, the obligatory “superiority” response. Because it’s nothing to do with trying to improve your situation or preserving your rights or the rights of others, it’s only about “superiority” LOL

I hate Facebook as much as anyone

I don’t think you do.

in the real world people don’t always have the luxury of getting to use whatever you consider morally correct.

Yes. They do. And the world is a shit place because they choose not to.

• Asyx@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

Because for some reason the anti WhatsApp crowd fails to understand that the majority of the people using WhatsApp would lose any social life if they just uninstalled. It’s always the same. “Just don’t use WhatsApp!”. I’d literally not communicate with any of my family. I’d be the one weirdo that doesn’t use WhatsApp and that then maybe gets invited to things if somebody remembers to call me or write me a text message.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

Your family seems kind of shitty if they would refuse to install another app to communicate with you. Especially if that other app serves everyone’s best interests…