Disclaimer: I’m a noooooob.

I am logged in to lemmy.world.

I have a feed (Beehaw Local) which I open in a new tab about Reddit affecting Google. with the beehaw.org URL (so I’m not logged in or registered) posted by someone at lemmy.world.

If I follow the @ lemmy.world link, I’m still inside Beehaw, same goes for the Technology link.

My confusion is that I can’t see how to open and interact with that post without making a separate Beehaw account.

Why am I so stupid on this platform?

• Ben@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Ah, when I do that, I see ‘Subscribe Pending’ :(

Strangely, I cancelled and subscribed again - now ✔ joined

• Taubin@lemmy.taubin.cc
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I seem to have ‘Subscription Pending’ on quite a few instances. It does seem to be server dependent. I’m not sure how it effects anything yet. I’m still quite new to this and learning as I go along.

• pruwyben
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Some of the popular servers are probably struggling right now, so it might have just needed a do-over.

I’m still figuring out this stuff too though so who knows!

• Ben@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yes, I’m not too worried yet.

Some folks are busy setting up subs here - it’ll be interesting to see if we can get subs with both direct posts as well as direct feeds from Reddit too (I get 99% of Reddit via RSS).

This is the way.

• rs5th@lemmy.scottlabs.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Pretty sure that’s just a cosmetic issue on Lemmy 0.17.3. BeeHaw is updating to 0.17.4 in about 4 hours, which may resolve that. Either way, if you see that, you should be subscribed!