I am embarrassingly uneducated about the region. Please help me be slightly less ignorant.

• Barx [none/use name]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

The term is often used for all semis clandestine for operations of the US government. The CIA itself has had various open spinoffs that continue to operate. For example, the National Endowment for Democracy, to which a few interim government functionaries have ties, is a CIA cutout.

The backgrounds of those in the interim government body are… conspicuous. One must ask why those people and not others. Why no trade unions. Why those students. The military leaders responsible for the coup, leveraging the student and labor protests to do it, are of course proximally making these decisions, but their absurdly pro-American appointments mean taking orders from the US. Those connections would not be new.

It has the trappings of a color revolution, which is proper CIA territory. The title of the article uses this term.

• pooh [she/her, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

I take it you’re not familiar with what color revolutions really are. Which part of the US government do you think would be involved in pushing regime change like this?

• EmmaGoldman [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.netM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

A field trip for the kids at Camp Dropshot, a counterrevolution themed CIA childrens outreach program jointly funded by generous donations from Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorganChase that focuses primarily on teaching children how to be compradors and to spin civil unrest into regime change.