Manually making this post myself as the OtomeGamesBot@lemmy.zip is… struggling.

Weekly what are you playing post! Comment about the otome games you’ve been playing!

• Berin
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    25 days ago

I finally started playing Love and Deepspace after seeing lots of screenshots of it on the socmeds! I was hesitant at first since its a gacha game and the art style isn’t usually my cup of tea, but then I found out that it has actual action combat and a photo mode 👀 So far I’m pleasantly surprised by the writing

• Elevator7009@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

My desire to support otome with more… gameplay? more to do than just selecting dialogue choices? wars with the artstyle also not being my cup of tea and my dislike for gacha. I sucked it up for Pokémon Masters but that is also quite playable as a F2P without giving my entire life to the game. How is Love and Deepspace when it comes to that aspect?

Glad to hear the writing is good.

• Berin
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

It has all the standard gacha features, you unlock more content/stories with a LI by collecting their cards and stuff. So far the UI is less annoying than in other gacha games, you get greeted by less pop-ups telling you to buy stuff and the notification symbols are less prominent (this is one point that really grinds my gears with most gachas, all the big red dots telling you to check 100 different menus). The production quality is very high! So high in fact, that my poor phone can barely play it on the lowest settings 🥲 .

What I like about the plot is that the MC (at least from what I’ve seen) is more of a strong-willed action heroine who fights side-by-side with the LIs.

I’m still at the very start so I’m still in the “honeymoon” phase where everything is easy and you don’t need to grind. I’ll report back later when I’ve seen more

• Elevator7009@ani.socialOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          25 days ago

That’s great! As much as I enjoy MCs who are not exactly action heroines, I feel a game with, you know, action, should probably have an MC who participates in the action. Although I would absolutely take an MC who gives you the mission report and debriefs, so long as she was competent. I have always found those characters cool.

Thank you for being willing to report back later, that would be so helpful!