• jol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

There’s no way they would be able to get the voice actors to voice the whole thing all over again. I actually in all honesty love the soundtrack. And it’s not true that all arcs have the same music. There have always been new songs mixed with the classics.

Whole cake island soundtrack

Paramount war

Dressrosa

Etc etc etc…

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      29 days ago

There’s no way they would be able to get the voice actors to voice the whole thing all over again.

I’m doubtful they’ll even manage a complete production of the whole thing. Re-doing the voice acting of a series is hardly a hurdle in the grand scheme of things.

And ball-and-chaining themselves to Toeis original version by re-using the original audio track of each episode defeats the point of doing a remake.

It would leave a lot less leeway for addressing the production issues Toei ran into over the years.

Now, if the audio assets are all still available as individual original recordings, that’d be completely different.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

I really hope they have access to the separate voice audio. But this is the 90s we’re talking about. They’ll be lucky to have the audio separate from the video.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      29 days ago

Not enough for me to ever notice.

I didn’t say I didn’t like the music. I adore it. And I want more. I’m frankly ticked off you intepreted my words any different.

I want evolving motifs and character themes. I want each arc to sound completely different, meaning that when using the same melodies, it be done with new instruments and progressions.

You can argue that the OP ost is good all you like, and I’ll agree.

But you can’t claim it’s varied and evolving. It just isn’t.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

I think the reason you don’t notice is because it’s so good and fitting… But it is varied and evolving, specially post time skip.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          29 days ago

don’t notice is because it’s so good and fitting

I wish. I can’t not notice the music. That’s the problem.

• jol
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            29 days ago

I meant if you didn’t notice the new music