The article criticizes recent media coverage portraying Mark Zuckerberg as “cool” again based on his success with Threads and a shirtless photo he posted. The author argues that Zuckerberg’s photo looks like that of a middle-aged man cheating on his wife, and that Threads’ success is questionable given it is mostly used by journalists and brands. The author concludes that despite any business success, Zuckerberg’s role in Facebook’s issues make him unlikely to ever be truly “cool”, and urges journalists to stop describing him as experiencing a “Hot Zuck Summer”.

Gross

• Nalivai
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

If you are 39 years old and married with two children, you do not get this ripped unless you are deeply unhappy.

It’s that part. But well, if your goal is to hurt someone no matter what, it’s one thing. If your goal is to shame evil people for the evil they are doing, you might reconsider your strategy.

• mayooooo@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I’m a married fat guy with kids and I don’t feel offended. Maybe the online anglo thing with policing the way we curse and shittalk is bad?

• Nalivai
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Have you ever considered that “It doesn’t bother me personally therefore it shouldn’t bother anyone” isn’t as sound logic as you might imagine?

• mayooooo@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Sure, it’s the same logic as “it bothers me personally so I get to decide what’s ok to say”

• Nalivai
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Do you know, roughly, how many days you have spent arguing that it’s OK to say n-word if you don’t finish it with hard r? I’m just interested, for statistics

• mayooooo@beehaw.org
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Exactly zero days because you can’t compare being a fatass with being racist. That’s pretty dumb