Like the stupid newbie goober I am, I forgot the first step to downloading music: do it in a public setting with a public wifi. Ended up downloading it all at home off of our private wifi. Did use a VPN but forgot to switch it from my home country. Kind of wondering how easy it is to trace me and persecute me for this. I am not the one handling the ordeal with the wifi, that would be my lovely mother.

Cheers y’all!

• Jessica
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Before looking at VPNs, you should be encrypting your torrent traffic in the client

Note:* Remember that the encryption torrent option only encrypts your inbound and outbound torrent traffic. Although it will not be readable, your traffic can still be intercepted and tagged as torrent traffic. If you want to increase your privacy, you’ll need to encrypt the entire layer 3 traffic (at the IP level), so it is recommended to set Deluge with VPN. To hide traffic at layer 7 (application layer), use a torrent Proxy. And finally, to hide, encrypt, and speed up your torrents, use a Seedbox.*