As the title says. I always really struggle to be on time (last year I missed around 30% of school😅). I did try some of the popular advice and sometimes it worked, but never for longer than 2 days. Since then I’ve also found out that it’s very likely that I have adhd. Well school is starting soon and I really need to get this under control.

• RAM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    22 days ago

I try to be ready to leave, meaning dressed and bag is packed, as early as possible. I am for being as ready as possible at least 15 minutes before I leave. I add and subtract minutes depending on how important the event is and how much I need to have checked before leaving.

also, I try to aim for being at least 10 minutes early for most events. this is working very good for me. it allows small talk with other people who’ve arrived and it allows time for being late.

it is time consuming, but I’ve come to enjoy the breaks it gives, before leaving and when arriving early ^^

also, thinking through what I need to prepare before leaving as early as possible. Often, I think about it the afternoon before I have to pack.

good luck :)

//edit:

these systems don’t stop me from getting distracted and forgetting things, but because I’ve moved everything 15 minutes earlier, then when I’m late for my own deadlines, often I’ll still make it to the actual deadlines :)