link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    21 days ago

opening new settings will just replace where you just where

I don’t use windows super often anymore, so I don’t really have that usecase, but man. Just imagining it makes me annoyed and angry

• SkaveRat
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        21 days ago

yup. The couple of times I had to use one, the bad UX absolutely annoyed the hell out of me

• Faceman🇦🇺
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 days ago

I’m pretty positive on mac OS, as an OS it’s technically quite good, but their preferences app has always been atrocious almost entirely for this reason, I want to have two preferences windows open to different pages please…

• Doomsider@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          16 days ago

I hear you. I have always been a power user so I was pretty shocked when you could not open two file managers at once in OSX.

The thing about Apple devices is they work great, as long as you do it they way they want.

• Faceman🇦🇺
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            16 days ago

You can have multiple finder windows in OSX, thats perfectly normal, but you cant have the network settings open next to the printer settings.

• Doomsider@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              16 days ago

Well that was not the case with the last time I used OSX. You click on finder and it would not open a second window. This is not how Windows or Gnome/Kwin work.

• Faceman🇦🇺
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                16 days ago

you have been able to right click (or i guess two finger click for apple people) and open a second window forever.

• Doomsider@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  16 days ago

Yeah, like I was saying. You have to do it the way they want rather than just click on it like every other GUI.

One thing I really did like was the use of the drop down menu. I really appreciate all programs using the same basic interface.

I absolutely hated all the Microsoft Ribbon bar nonsense. They have reinvented it so many times you never know where to find anything.