• isolatedscotch
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

x: your eyes are as bright as a star

my dumbass: actually, did you know that the sun outputs 3.83×1026 W? that’s so much that the energy output by the Sun in just one hour could power the Earth for about 56.1 trillion years at the current global consumption rate. Or, if you …blah blah blah something something Kardashev scale…

yeaaaa not my proudest move

• addictedtochaos@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      16 days ago

I had women coming up to me, smooching with me a couple of times, i didnt even knew them, saw them for the first time. and I still was like well, thats as far as it goes, must be joke or something, dosn’t she know i am like, really unthrusworthy and shit?

(in a social setting of course)

one time, a women send me a message that she just moved, and if i wanted to proof sleep her bed?

I took that as a joke, that person must not be very good at it, as if people talked like that, what does she think of me, why is she pulling my leg? better write something funny but nonccommital back"

one time, in art class, there was this naked model we drew. when we were done we had a little party, because it was christmas, she sat on my lap the whole time and complemented me on my drwaing and stuff. I mean, it was kinda drunk and raunchy?

never saw her again.

one time, i was in this train to wacken, it was coincidence, i had nothing to do with wacken. but those guys started drinking in the ICE bar, and well, it was a real party. some cute chick comes up to me, doesnt talk to me, just kisses me on the mouth and stuff. never even talked to her.

i shit you not, i have a couple more of these stories.

the funny part? i had one girlfriend in life. I had a really hard time trusting her, you know, understanding her. i cant be with people i dont know.

• pixelscript@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

On the other hand, if you average the Sun’s energy generation across its entire volume and adjust for that volume’s mass, an equivalent mass of human body tissue generates more heat energy.

So your eyes may not have the raw lumen output of an entire star; but, pound for pound, your eyes would outshine a similarly massive piece of one.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

i kinda do no get it, can you explain it in some other way?

like, 100 kilos of sun would generate less heat energy than 100 kilos of me?

• pixelscript@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 days ago

Yes. On average.

If you specifically take 100 kilos of core material from the Sun, then it would be a no contest victory for the Sun. But the Sun is very, very big, and when it comes to producing energy, most of it is doing absolutely nothing. So it brings the average energy production per kilo way, way down.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            12 days ago

thanks, i think i got it! average matter of the sun has less energy density or IR radiation or what have you, than average matter of me. thannks! that will come in händi as trivia.