• Double_A
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Your first and second point combined basically means that everybody has to live in some government designed and funded flat. If you don’t like that, there’s nothing to be done. Same with food and everything. Oh you don’t like the government mandated 1500kcal protein slurry per day? Sucks to be you then… Of course it doesn’t have to be bad, but you are enabling a system where it could be bad and nobody could do anything about it.

• voidMainVoid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, I don’t see why #2 is necessary. Make the government have to compete with the free market. If you’re poor, you get a government-funded apartment, but if you’re wealthy, you can afford a luxury condo.

There are food banks in my city, and nobody believes that they’re a threat and they’re going to put supermarkets out of business. You could just have standardized, ubiquitous food banks run by the government.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I think they mean all this business with water and housing. Investment properties are a plague all over this country. They inflate the price of housing so that someone can make a living off of someone else’s need for shelter.