I personally always dislike it, too.

There are two reasons you might want to do this as a dev, of course. One of them I feel kinda half-asses your design, if you don’t want to get a threat or failure during gameplay to get into the way of your storypacing, just make a visual novel. Or at least something like SOMA, Amnesia or Still Wakes The Deep.
Or alternatively, if you want to make a game explicitly made for children that’s okay, but then also do the marketing a bit more kid-centric IMO. I dunno, maybe this one is actually genuinely meant for children, but some of the humor and writing doesn’t feel that way if I’m honest. Princess Peach does this more thoroughly: It is the same “handholding 100% of the time”, but it’s also very obviously meant to be played primarily by relatively small children!

• CrayonRosary@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 hours ago

You gotta admit it’s confusing and abnormal to put a single “no” entry in the middle of a comma-delimited list of “yes” entries. Normally you’d say,

It has this, that, and the other thing, and no bad things, malthings, or blahs.

Sometimes the “and” and “or” are left out.

It has this, that, the other thing, and no bad things, malthings, blahs.

The original commenter took this format, and mixed it all up like

It has this, no bad thing, other thing

Is that no other thing or yes other thing? Who can tell? Only people who didn’t need to be told these things in the first place.