I got a Quest 2 a while back and played around with it a bit. There were some entertaining games like “I expect you to die” and the first portion of “Lone Echo”, but mostly they just felt like proof of concept demos and I quickly lost interest.

Is there anything actually made for VR and a fully fledged high quality game?

• Spike
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Skyrim can almost be modded like Skyrim SE, so that’s a huge plus. There are also VR specific mods that give you a more natural VR feel, like HIGGS (Haptic Overhaul), VRIK (giving you a body) and PLANCK (gives you the ability to interact more freely and directly with your environment) This definitely gives Skyrim the VR feel that it needs.

Having something like VR Weapon Throw also gives you a lot more options to play the game, adding thrown weapons and semi-medieval firearms. They don’t make a lot of sense canonically, but the added gameplay value is tremendous.

Another Idea is to add a couple of “Survival Mode” mods, to make it truly immersive. Speaking of Immersion, you definitely should install as much graphical overhauls as your PC can handle, especially for NPCs and Items. You can handle muddy textures in the forest, but it’s not pleasant to speak to a muddy textured face. Or looking at a sword that’s just a blob of grey and shiny.