Does anyone know of a mouse that can be used wireless, with a replaceable battery and that can be connected to the PC via USB-C to recharge the battery? Obtainable in Europe.

The reasoning is that I do not want to get into the situation where I do not have a charged replacement battery at hand and am therefore unable to use the mouse.

Currently I am using a mouse without a replaceable battery which got so old that the battery only holds for 1-2 hours without being connected to the cable.

I know I could simply go with a wired mouse, however, I like the cleanliness of minimal cables on my desk. Thanks for suggestions.

• jplatte
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

I’ve owned three or four MX Master mice. That statement alone should show pretty clearly that it’s not a “buy it for live” device. I did manage to merge two broken ones into a working one recently, but I don’t expect it to survive another 10 years.

One of the major problems even if nothing technically breaks is the rubber coating getting greasy or sticky with time. This rubber coating is unfortunately also used in other logitech mice, especially the more expensive ones.

• DrownedRats@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

Damn, that’s a far cry from my experience with MX mice honestly. I’ve had my MX 2 from release and nothing like you’ve described happened to the coating on mine. I know some of that’s likely down to body chemistry, I have fairly dry hands and I keep my periferals religiously clean so perhaps I’m not the best example of an average end user.

As for breakage, again, nothing of the sort. My brother has a master 2s and my brother in law has the master 3 and neither of them have had any breakage except that I had to swap a puffy battery on my brothers one about 4 years in which isn’t unusual for lipos and liions that are kept at full charge for extended periods of time.

Again, not questioning your experience at all, we all have different situations that we use them in and I don’t know what yours is, but just wanted to share my personal experience.