• emeralddawn45
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Because your high school teachers had entirely boomers as their professors(or worse if you had super old high school teachers), but most people here probably had Gen x or millennial professors. The university/college environment has changed.

• denast@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I disagree. I’m pursuing an engineering degree, most of my professors are boomers (In fact, no millennials apart from few Humanities classes) and they are very simple down to Earth people without any strictness my school teachers warned me about.

• Fushuan [he/him]@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Even if they are the same generation of teachers, those teachers have been teaching for a long while and have evolved their teachings just as society has evolved.

• BodePlotHole@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Weird. I graduated for engineering in 2017 and the majority of my teachers were completely detached from the real world applications, unreasonably strict, uncaring, and ridiculously stringent. It was supposed to be a “good” school. It was just super difficult.

• oatscoop@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I don’t doubt you at all, just that the absolute youngest boomers are 59. It’s been a long while since I was in college, but are the professors that old these days?