• heimchen
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

What made you change your opinion now?(to reddit)

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Reddit hitting me with a permaban for an arbitrary reason was a strong factor. I was getting tired of how toxic the site was anyway, so, eh we’re good.

• treefrog@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

the content has gone to shit anyway. i still scroll there some to keep up with news and generally don’t find much news and way to many amiugly posts on the front page.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

All I was getting on Reddit were toxic Star Wars fans who would shit on me for either liking something they didn’t or disliking something they liked, as if Fandom was a rigid set of instructions that compelled you only to like the things the Zeitgeist approved of… and all the “Reddit Atheists”

Now I have nothing against atheists, the existence of God is far more open to debate than something like the shape of the Earth.

However, Reddit Atheists are a different breed. I’m talking about the people who have unironically created a religion out of bashing religion. The “I pray to science every day! Hear the good word of Sam Harris! Lock up people who pray in insane asylums!” type. The kind who say Sky Daddy so often that those two words together make you sick.

Again, nothing against Atheists (My opinions on the validity of the supernatural are rather inconsistent, so let’s say I’m Agnostic at best.), but every group, let me repeat, EVERY GROUP has its nutters who take it to absurd extremes you never before thought possible. Reddit had a lot this specific kind of crazy.

• treefrog@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

Sam Harris has a real hardon for bashing religion which is sad considering how much Buddhism he practices (and how much his close mind and anger towards religion corrupts his practice).

Meditation is just mental masterbation and ego parlor tricks without the Dharma (the deep ocean of love and understanding we all swim in, what more enlightened Christians call God.) So much for “Waking Up”.

Which is my way of saying, militant atheists are children making a religion out of bashing people with points of view they don’t like (kinda reminds me of bible beating Christians and I’m sure they would loathe the comparison). And I too find them annoying as fuck.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Which is my way of saying, militant atheists are children making a religion out of bashing people with points of view they don’t like (kinda reminds me of bible beating Christians and I’m sure they would loathe the comparison). And I too find them annoying as fuck.

On Reddit they got so toxic and insulting that I tried to report them for harassment, apparently being called a “Christofascist” (when you’re not even a Christian to begin with) doesn’t count…

• treefrog@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

Crazy. Most subs have strict rules against name calling. I guess it doesn’t count when they’re using language the mods approve of.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

It’s what eventually got me banned, they reported me for “Report Abuse” and Reddit just didn’t wanna answer my appeal, happy accident because Lemmy’s a much better community.