Still reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin. Book 2 of The Passage trilogy, so no change there.

It has become quite interesting though (or maybe it’s just the Stockholm syndrome talking), I am in last 1/3 or maybe 1/4th of the book, and things have started to get together, though I still don’t know what’s the goal in this book. From all I have read, this seems to just be a ‘middle’ book whose purpose is to explore the world and take us from book 1 to book 3 where everything will be concluded.

Let’s see how I feel by the time I finish it.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening to lately?

A regular reminder about our Book Bingo, and it’s Recommendation Post . Links are also present in our community sidebar.

• a_random_fox
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 hours ago

I also recommend them, they are great. Some things that i especially like is the connection between the two main characters, the books giving you a very believable idea on how dragon-based warfare could work and showing different ways various cultures interact with dragons. While the major european powers mostly stick to the air force part mentioned in my earlier comment and generally don’t interact with people outside the military much, china for example has dragons more integrated into society and holding a wider variety of jobs. Book 4 showed a lot about dragons in southern africa, though i won’t spoil the specifics.

I have completed book 4 since my previous comment and am now deep into book 5.