• Nalivai
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 hours ago

Yeah, you want me to explain you quite complicated concepts in a single comment, while using all the terminology wrong, and doing zero work yourself.
    Patriarchy isn’t just “men are in charge of everything”, women aren’t “in power of changing the social norms”, responsibility isn’t just “i did something bad and need to fix that”, and privilege means something completely different from whatever you’re implying there.
    To elaborate on that I would have to write paragraphs upon paragraphs for each of them, and I’m just not doing that. Since we’re already here, I don’t need to teach you how to look what the words mean beyond the basic five words definition, so I encourage you to do just that.

• Peruvian_Skies@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 hours ago

If you can’t explain something in simple terms, that means you don’t understand it yourself. Which is why you’re being so needlessly aggressive and throwing accusations in the first place. It’s because you have such a tenuous grasp on your own theoretical framework that you feel threatened by anyone displaying an opinion that seems to contradict it. You don’t care about righting wrongs, about teaching or even about learning yourself. You only care about protecting your own fragile worldview.

To remedy this, I suggest you open yourself more to diverging opinions - not really in order to change your mind on anything in particular, but because if you only reinforce your current beliefs you’ll miss the forest for the trees. You can actually learn more about your own ideology by studying others and contrasting them.

There, one simple paragraph explaining the problem in terms even a child could understand and another simple paragraph suggesting an actionable solution to that problem, all devoid of aggression and without fake quotations. This is how an adult deals with a misinformed opinion online. I hope this example serves you well in the future.