Can we get a consensus on whether our community should de-federate with servers that host loli? I personally think we should block them, and if that ends up not being the consensus here then I’ll probably sign up on another server. I hope we can all agree to set that boundary though because I like it here and it seems otherwise pretty cool.

• Faceman🇦🇺
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I agree with you technically kinda, but the average person doesn’t (and never will) see a difference and trying to explain it just makes it seem to them that you are defending it.

If a normal person sees it and says … “thats wrong” then it shouldn’t be included in a default feed.

• birdmancaw@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I wasn’t even talking about whether or not it should be included in the feed. I was just saying their definition is completely wrong. Defining things improperly is the basis for spreading misinformation about something.

• Faceman🇦🇺
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

and I’m saying that sometimes the definition is irrelevant in the eyes of public opinion. If a character looks like a child, then that is all that matters.

• birdmancaw@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

But when somebody is literally asking for the definition of something, and the wrong definition is given, that’s not a visual perception issue, that’s misinformation.

BTW: thank you for actually talking about this. Most people nowadays are too pig headed to have an actual conversation.