Singapore conducted its first execution of a woman in 19 years on Friday and its second hanging this week for drug trafficking despite calls for the city-state to cease capital punishment for drug-related crimes.

• Double_A
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

So? Singapore doesn’t want any drugs in the country, and put up draconian laws. Just don’t break those laws.

If I tell you that I will brutally murder you if you come to my house wearing a red tie, and you do that… Your death is at least partly on you. Because you had absolutely no good reason to do that.

There is absolutely no positive outcome to selling or consuming heroin. Just don’t do it. It’s not a hard rule to follow…

• Finn@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

All I take from what you’re saying is that it is easy for you to morally justify murdering someone that you don’t know, much less harmed you.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

That’s because that’s literally exactly what this commenter is stating, and nothing else. They leave a reasonable person no choice but to judge them as bloodthirsty and heartless

• Magnor@lemmy.magnor.ovh
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Well that is an interesting point of view to be sure… I would say the onus of the death lays entirely on the person deciding to apply monumental force against a petty issue.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I think you’re lost. Fascists aren’t really too welcome on Lemmy to my knowledge.