• psilocybin
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I think you’re taking it too personal.

If it makes you feel better, for me its not about the phenomenon at all.

Its about the source not having any credibility when topics touching militarism and war are concerned.

And since an interest exists to weaponize space and this narrative fits the bill it might be true or not, but a comitte hearing, the pentagon or the intelligence community are as helpful in finding the truth as blindly guessing.

• Eugenia@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

The phenomenon is here since the late '40s. So militarizing space now might be about the phenomenon (or at least, in part). My problem is that many people think that this whole thing is a distraction. It’s not. It seems that several Congress members, from both parties, are interested in unveiling where trillions of dollars went by the military, that can’t account for most of it. And by digging, they found the ufo program, and they’re trying to get to the bottom of it. Instead, people see it the other way around: a monolithic evil government trying to distract us or scare us so they get more money. This is just laughable from where I sit, having experienced what I experienced, and having closely looking at what’s going on with the congress.

• psilocybin
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

militarizing space now might be about the phenomenon

Just to be clear I did NOT have a shortage of explanations for the interest to militarize space. That was already a given, much more so than any phenomena

seems that several Congress members, from both parties, are interested in unveiling where trillions of dollars went by the military

In the Oversight committee on national security? No way.

Its crazy how different interpretations can be. I was constantly roling my eyes listening to that hearing