I love hearing about unique takes on game mechanics. Someone recently convinced me that limited inventories are kind of abused currently and that unlimited inventory systems would give more player choices.

• Turmbaumeister
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Hate soulslike stuff other than combat, bonus points when there’s no checkpoint before a boss fight so you have to redo 50 fights just to die again and repeat the process until you’ve learned the boss moved… or shot yourself. Oh and you can’t pause so tough luck if you ordered food or kids want something. Fromsoft are masters or marketing to sell this bullshit as something great

Also hate unskippable cutscenes, good story like witcher, ffvii remake or kotor defends itself. If you feel the need to do it chances are your story is bad and so you shouldn’t. Just look at ghost of tsushima, good combat, great world and visuals. Easily an 8/10 or better potential but mostly bad story without skips makes it tedious and just not fun. A samurai fetching herbs for peasants 😂 Bonus points if you can’t even pause the mighty cutscene

• kamiheku@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

bonus points when there’s no checkpoint before a boss fight so you have to redo 50 fights just to die again and repeat the process

DS1 I feel is decent with this (could be Stockholm syndrome) and Elden Ring removes the issue almost completely. But Jesus Christ DS2 was awful in this regard. At least they added the mechanic where mobs stop respawning after you’ve killed them N times; I removed every single enemy from along the Smelter Demon corpse run lmao

• Kerb
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

im usually not to bothered by a few fights before the bossroom (probably because i started out with ds2)

but smelter demon was awfull until i learned the balcony jump.