cross-posted from: https://lemmy.ninja/post/238729

After hearing the creator of Rick and Morty was involved with this game I was GOING to recommend:

High on Life is a cosmic adventure game that unfolds on an Earth attacked by the G3 cartel, extraterrestrial beings who exploit humans as drugs. The protagonist, a directionless high school graduate turned space bounty hunter, embarks on a mission to halt the invasion. Alongside the hero are his sentient and vocal weapons known as Gatlians, providing commentary and guidance throughout the journey. The game’s interstellar journey spans across various cosmic locations, such as a jungle and a city built on an asteroid’s surface, encountering both hostile and neutral characters. The player uses a unique arsenal to combat enemies, including a pistol, rifle, shotgun, knife, and a distinctive grenade launcher that shoots “baby grenades." Alongside battling adversaries, players solve simple puzzles and upgrade equipment in this captivating game.

STOP

While this sounds good, if you google “High on Life” you’re going to find LOTS of configuration recommendations on how to adjust the video…

So it’s even playable.

One guy had a 7950 CPU and a 4070 GPU and couldn’t get the game to 60 fps…

The last patch for the game was in March.

OTOH

RECENT user reviews are VERY POSITIVE AND it is fully verified for the Steam Deck.

So what am I saying? The bugs MAY be fixed based on available information. YMMV

• soulsource
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve been playing it quite a bit on the Deck, and it’s running fine. I left the settings on default, except for upscaling, where I enabled XeSS, which makes some things much more beautiful, for instance fur.

With XeSS enabled, I had to set display refresh rate to 40 Hz though.