Just had NextCloud denying my credentials (not for the first time). I know they weren’t wrong because I’m using a password manager. Logs didn’t say much. Was about to reinstall (again, not the first time nextcloud went bonkers on me) before I tried a docker compose down && docker compose up. Lo and behold after a restart the credentials worked again.

This stuff is just way too flaky for something so important.

Is OwnCloud good again? My main usecase is saving photos but I don’t want them locked away in a database so SeaFile is out.

Edit: I’m going to take the time to reply to you all, bit busy with work and family suddenly. But a little update - I’ve quickly setup Immich and fired up the CLI to import my library. AFAIK the files are still stored on disk somewhere but metadata is in a database. I didn’t realize this before, knowing that I think my mind is made up and Immich is the best solution. Thanks everyone!

• psilocybin
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Thats frustrating

I second the notion that your ip was banned by nc’s brute force detection

The silent reconnects of a DAVx client on a phone could easily trigger this

You can whitelist your home routers ip in the config IIRC Maybe not on the LISO container though, IIRC it is less configurable, but doesn’t “just work”, I’d ditch that not nextcloud

Quick fix could be to “DELETE FROM” (or “TRUNCATE” if you are certain nobody is blocked correctly) the table bruteforce_attempts (or smth similar). Although that “dc up && dc down” worked could indicate another issue, as you do seem to have persistence with your db in a docker volume (cred are still there) which would mean the time penalty ran out during restart or oits somethimg else