• Hazzia
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I wish I were you. I’m constantly running into problems that I either can’t solve, or end up spending way more time on than it’s probably worth. My last Geruda linux install became unbootable because I tried to change the system font to a different existant preset. The error I got, of course, only had 2 prior instances referenced on Le Google, both of which were in completely different contexts than mine such that either the recommended fix did not work, or I didn’t have the tools available to follow it.

I’m still not switching back to Windows though because fuck 'em.

• mfn@mfn.pub
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I think your problem is you are using a niche Arch derivative that has a small user base. You should definitely consider using more mainstream distros so you can easily find the help you need until you are comfortable and feel confident with using Linux.

• nomadjoanne@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’d use a mainstream distro. I came to Linux in 2017, used Ubuntu for 4 years until I got tired of them forcing snaps down my throat, and then went to Arch. I have never distro-hopped, but I also have never had any huge issues with the mainstream distros.

The main distros really are well maintained and do tend to “just work”. Dare I say, especially Ubuntu.