• Double_A
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

That’s not even what I said… I said that if you are alone (i.e. not with your partner, doing obvious partner activities) how would anyone even know that you are gay?

• webadict@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They are doing an activity that a straight person would do (i.e. hang out with a partner) and judged differently.

In an ideal world, you would be right. Heck, you can hold hands, hug, kiss anyone and not be gay! But doing those activities for people that look gay attracts negative attention. People with non-conforming appearances get judged differently. Girl with short hair? Guy with long hair? Guy wearing a dress? These are completely normal things for certain presenting genders that I have seen called slurs.

Regardless, have fun moving the goal posts again.

• Double_A
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Girl with short hair? Guy with long hair? Guy wearing a dress?

So you are not actually being harassed for your sexual preferences, but for dressing unconventionally…

I’m ready to bet that two average / boring looking guys making out in public will get less harassment, than any guy with colorful hair walking in high heels or something.

• Double_A
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

Just clarifying the strawman arguments that people are putting in my mouth…

Also how am I a bigot when I say that it’s totally fine for two men to kiss in public?

• UnculturedSwine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

If you are an effeminate gay like my husband. People can tell right away no matter what he is doing and people will give him the stink eye or throw a slur his way.