Trying to get my child to go out and run a bit with me, worked ok so far but I know it might get boring at some point.

So I was looking for any kind of children friendly app that either counts distance or steps just for a run, so not at all times, and then gives some kind of reward for that. Like a dog growing up or whatever, something ok for kids. Zombie run comes up often but I don’t think my child is into that, bit too scary maybe with the zombie theme.

Other apps I found are counting steps continously, or there are some elaborate minigames connected. I really don’t want my little one to spend more time on a screen, so thats not great either. Like Pokemon Go, not into Pokemon yet anyway but its too much aside from the actual running/walking.

Anybody got a good suggestion that goes in that direction?

• RBGOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

That could definitely be an emergency alternative if there is really nothing else, yes. I will look into the Finch app, have seen it scrolling through the Play Store but like you said, does not work directly with steps. Maybe can do that indirectly though. Thanks for suggestions!