A California Superior Court judge arrested last week has now been charged with killing his wife in front of their adult son at their home. Court filings reveal the judge had over 47 weapons and 26,000 rounds of ammunition in his home.

• collegefurtrader
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

No problem that exists today. Stocking up on ammo is for the unpredictable future. You only need one bullet for a regular murder right?

• Jerkface@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Right? I mean, why would someone who shot their spouse do anything irrational?

• JustZ@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Bud get it in your brain: you will not solve the sort of problem that might require 26,000 rounds, as you are not a regimented militia or national guard. If we get invaded by ground troops from Canada or something, and we actually needed to call up militias, the government already has the guns and ammo stockpiled and will drop them off at your door, probably after seizing Amazon under the Defense Production Act.

Again, the problem you think you’re solving with 26,000 rounds isn’t legitimate. You’ve imagined it. You’re not Rick Grimes, you’re “unamed screaming guy 7.”

• collegefurtrader
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Well, I wasn’t talking about myself. I do have a moderate quantity of ammo but its a “better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it” philosophy for me.

Also I have some surplus stuff that was super cheap at the time and unobtainable today.

I certainly don’t like the idea of waiting for someone to drop off tools to defend myself as you suggested.