• Haui
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

First, please drop the attitude because you‘re actively being condescending yourself atm.

Secondly, the argument itself becomes a problem here:

Constantly telling people to ditch services they enjoy…

„Constantly“ is a rhetorical overstatement. Nobody is constantly doing anything. You are annoyed and that is ok.

I honestly don’t care about tiktok and therefore have no opinion on its privacy issues except stuff I heard.

But from facebook I did download a package of my data since the gdpr forced them to comply and give users their data.

I used facebook a year or so when it was new and once every quarter since then.

The data consisted of most sites I visited before and after visiting facebook. Stuff I bought, stuff I looked at.

And that is not all. I‘m constantly getting scam mails referencing an old address of mine. Guess where this address (exclusively) is still noted. Correct, at facebook.

So, you absolutely don’t need to do anything. Just know that facebook (the others too but facebook the hardest) actively sells your userdata and behavioral data to make money.

They are actively being fined tens of thousands of dollars a day by european governments for „leaking“ userdata.

So, I‘m fine with anyone doing what they want. Just dont school me on privacy.