• Nalivai
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

“Whatever I use is objectively better and y’all just blind and an average hivemind bot”

• Comment105@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Intuitiveness is objective and measurable, and I’m very certain that Photoshop would demolish GIMP if a test was done.

• Dangdoggo@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

“intuitiveness is objective and measurable” is such a hilarious thing to say. Like yes it’s possible to measure how quickly people can come to understand an app but to say that, therefore, we have an objective understanding of ‘intuitiveness’ and can say “Hamburger menu instead of kebab menu here??? That is O B J E C T I V E L Y unintuitive” is sooo fucking silly.

• Nalivai
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Not really objective in real life. There is no abstract human in a vacuum, everyone has some previous knowledge and biases. If you ever had to train a grown up how to use a mouse and the ever illusive concept of double click, you know that even with some level of skeuomorphism there is a trouble at grasping new concepts, and if we go into more complicated territory, all bets are off. Maybe for a blank slate without any prior experience existing in society and operating tools, there are some high level abstract concepts, but for a real person, intuitiveness basically means “looks familiar to a something that I personally have seen before”