It used to be in the top 5 - 10 until r/place ended… “Infinity” is currently entry 154 and the only Reddit client to make it into the top 200…

To dampen the mood: no Lemmy client makes the top 200 either since Sync lost its hype…

Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/category/SOCIAL

Edit: Sry for the low image quality, I rescaled my screenshot to get it below the 100kb media upload limit of my instance and it looked fine in the gallery. I should have outsourced my upload…

• Zyratoxx@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Imo one of the reasons why the protest on Reddit has worked so well in comparison to X is because of the way content is presented. Whilst X didn’t really care about people leaving/protesting, Reddit was extremely affected by the blackout (even if Huff played it down) because the content that was left was trash and people were forced to move or boycott it at least)… There’s just no comparable force to the subreddits on X that could affect everyone’s timeline so much that they would be forced to stay off it.

That being said, there are lots of more reasons for why X hasn’t died (yet)