They have approximately now lost over 5000 subscribers which equates to about $25000 per month or $300000 per year in lost revenue.

• mustardman
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

They have responded poorly to some of the allegations. This isn’t some court system where exemplary evidence is required for conviction. If I think people are acting sketchy then I don’t really care about supporting them.

• unscholarly_source@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

And that’s your prerogative lol. I just personally choose to follow due process prior to judgement. Otherwise, I would be repeating the same mistake Linus did (continuously), which is a pre-mature emotional response. Doesn’t mean it has to be followed by everyone, and vice versa.

• unscholarly_source@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

You seem to lean on a number of mis-assumptions to drive your rage-driven response. As such you prove my point exactly.

I said due process. You equate that to a legal context and legal system. I never referenced the legal system because I know full well the shortcomings of a justice system. They are not designed to seek truth but to right the wronged. The legal system is flawed.

I don’t know how to respond to the remainder of your post, because again, they are made based on assumptions of things that I did not even reference in my comments. Rape victims and abusers? Linus and James in chains?

Literally all I was advocating for is that I personally prefer to follow through a process before passing judgement. If you really want to know my position on the matter, you can read my comment history, instead of making assumptions on a single comment. This is exactly what I mean by emotional response, and is no different than Linus’ outburst.

Edit: it seems from your comment history you’ve also misconstrued other people’s comments. It may be good to take a step back and look at things objectively, or risk repeating the exact same mistake Linus made. To quote you: do better.

• mustardman
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I think that’s fair and respect your decision to do so.