Do your chats look like this? Do you always forget which contacts use which apps? Do you wish there was a way to have all your chats in just one place?

In the following guide I’m going to show you how to use Matrix to achieve your dream of an all-in-one chat app, by using Matrix bridges and securing the connection with Cloudflare Tunnels.

• beeng
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Can somebody tell me if I need to open SSH port 22 to internet on my local? Id rather not…that mean I cannot use this?

• Zerodya@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Only locally, so that your local computer can access your server locally. Then the Cloudflare proxy will allow you to connect to it from the internet securely through a two-factor authentication or any other access type you choose, without opening any port to the internet. It’s all explained in this section.

You can also implement passwordless authentication but that would probably be too extra.

• beeng
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Roger. Thanks, I’m pretty handy with ops, but I have no domain… Could a dynamic dns suffice?

• Zerodya@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I guess not. I’m not that experienced with ddns but I think there’s no way to have subdomains?