I’m curious to hear thoughts on this. I agree for the most part, I just wish people would see the benefit of choice and be brave enough to try it out.

• Brayd
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I don’t even think the CLI stuff and so on is an issue. The main reason people don’t use Linux is because it’s simply not pre-installed everywhere as Windows is. The same reason many people use Edge on Windows and don’t install Firefox etc. The average user just uses it as it is and doesn’t tinker around.

Installed Linux on my grandmother’s computer some years ago and she was working with it fine because it was the first time of her using a computer and she learned it that way. For she Linux was was for other people Windows is. She didn’t had any issues installing software via apt etc. after getting it explained and teached a few times.

But a user who just uses a system as it is and who is used to Windows will always dislike Linux. I dislike Windows because I find it complicated in many parts. I used Linux and sometimes MacOS for my whole life besides Windows Vista as a child.