I feel like I used to see a lot of women with super long nails struggling to use their touchscreen phones. I’m sure at least some of them have chosen slightly shorter nails to make it easier.

• ZuriMuri
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The prevelance of touchscreens much rather results in people lacking skills/efficiency/speed when using a regular computer keyboard

• EuphoricPenguin@normalcity.life
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Ironically, I can almost type as fast on my phone (102 WPM PB) as I can on most keyboards (110 WPM PB), and that’s with my weird improper method of touch typing. These scores are for the 15 second word test on MonkeyType.

• ZuriMuri
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

But I would assume you’re used to using a ‘manual’ keyboard whereas if you only grew up on touchscreens its probably more difficult to get familiar to.

• Carighan Maconar@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I assume that’s SwiftKey/GBoard typing more than you, though? How fast are you on a computer with autocorrection turned on?

• editilly@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

thing is, for my dialect of German, autocorrect is less than useful, so for me, typing Bavarian on a phone keyboard is certainly the fastest at around 150 wpm, trumping english or german on any other board, probably because it exactly matches the way I speak and I’ve been doing it for 13 years

• EuphoricPenguin@normalcity.life
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

No idea; does autocorrect even exist in an inbuilt fashion on Windows? I’ve never really tried using anything like that.

Oh, and here’s a one-off test I just did without autocorrection turned on. With a few more tries, I’m sure I could get up to 100+.